Here are The Bible Challenge options for 2013:
- Read the entire Bible
- Read the New Testament
- Read the Psalter (150 Psalms) during Lent
- Read the Gospel of Mark in a slow, meditative fashion
- Read The Message by Eugene Petersen – a wonderful rendering of the New Testament in ordinary language
- Read The Story by Zondervan – a seamless collection of Bible stories that reads like a gripping novel
- Families with children are encouraged to read The Spark Story Bible, The DK Children’s Illustrated Bible or The Big Picture Story Bible.
- Teenagers will want to read the New International Version Teen Study Bible
If you decide to read the entire Bible, please see our “Read the Bible in a Year” reading plan or our “Lent to Lent” reading plan, both of which list what chapters of the Bible to read each day. We are also posting short meditations to accompany each day’s readings written by archbishops, bishops, biblical scholars, theologians, cathedral and seminary deans, clergy and noted lay leaders from around the world to assist your reading.